Monday, March 9, 2009

Signs of life
















I noted in a prior post how it seems nothing is happening. Well, finally I see new growth appearing all over the show.

This beautiful plant is a grumichama (Eugenia brasiliensis). Not only is it very attractive, it bears delicious dark purple cherry-sized fruits. These do in fact resemble the Bing cherry, with a hint of aromatic spiciness.

I noted new leaves sprouting all over my sugar apple. The grape vines are starting to sprout. Now all we need is some rain.


Both mango trees are bearing for the first time this year.

Here's is a picture of the lancetilla mango.


Large areas of grass in my backyard are in serious trouble, no matter how much water I throw at it, its not improving. Maybe I let it slip too far ? All I can hope is that it revives, otherwise I will have to either replace it or make new flower beds in its place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment