Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Today's budget tip

Go to garden centers at the end of the season, very often you will find plants on sale that are not looking too good, if they are large specimens and at a great discount it might be worth buying them, if they're smaller and not that much cheaper, it might take them a long time to recover and grow as vigorously as a "fresh" plant. Spend more money on the plants you really want, in my case, my passion is sub-tropical fruit trees, I made the mistake to buy two root bound avocados and spent almost a year trying to nurture them and make them grow, in the end they both died. If you buy from the major box stores, they offer a one year warranty on most plants - save your receipts, I was able to find only one receipt, I had to return with the dead tree to get my refund.

No comments:

Post a Comment