Friday, April 17, 2009

Everything's blooming




































This must be the most exciting time of the year. All the fruit trees are blooming now (well almost, some have already bloomed, i.e. mango, Suriname cherry, Persian lime).


Yes, they might not all have the showiest blooms, but the product of the blooms is what gets me excited.

I haven't even added the rest of the ornamentals, I have penta's, euryops, plumbago, firecracker (crossandra), oleander, Mexican petunias, starburst, shooting star, butterfly weed, fire bush, giant crinum lily, Indian blanket flower, periwinkle, thrysalis, tibouchina, bouganvilla, allamanda, flax lilly, duranta ... all blooming. Needless to say, my allergies are also blooming.

Avocado


Cocoplum


Elderberry


Meyer Lemon


Pineapple


Pomegranate


Sea Grape


Sugar Apple


Starfruit


Sweet potato


Variegated Guava



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. I think the star fruit flowers are my favorite but they're all very nice.

    I hope your allergy symptoms ease up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ! The starfruit is pretty amazing. Can't wait for the first crop ! There is a slight problem, the poor tree is growing to one side because of the connstant sea breeze - actually more like a sea torrent.

    ReplyDelete